MANLIUS FIRE STATION
RAM-TECH Engineers provided design services for the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for the new Manlius Fire Station. The new, approximately 24,045 square foot, single-story facility is located at the corner of NYS Route 92 and Enders Road.
SCOPE OF MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING WORK
- Heating and ventilation is provided by a variable refrigerant flow system with in floor radiant heat in the garage bays. Hot water for the system is produced by three Lochinvar 95% efficient condensing boilers.
- Outdoor air ventilation is provided by dedicated energy recovery units which temper the ventilation air with building exhaust air.
Domestic water supply systems are designed with low flow fixtures and high efficiency low flow water closets. The Design Phase water model predicts domestic water savings in excess of 30% compared to the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
Domestic hot water is produced via two 96% efficient condensing tank type water heaters. The heaters are set to 140°F and provide a point of thermal disinfection within the domestic water system. The 120°F building delivery temperature is maintained with a central master mixing valve.
- Backflow preventers for the fire protection system, domestic water system, and domestic water meter are housed in a prefabricated, heated, insulated, metal utility box.
- Lighting is comprised of energy efficient light fixtures in accordance with IES recommendations and standards and the Energy Conservation Construction Code of New York State. LED luminaires were provided through-out the building interior as well as exterior, and chosen for their exceptional energy efficiency and long life span.
Fire Protection and Special Systems:
- RAM-TECH Engineers is also responsible for the design of the fire protection system, exit and egress lighting systems,data / communications, fire alarm system, carbon monoxide detection, card access system, intercom/paging system, security system and CCTV.
|Owner||Town of Manlius Fire Department|
|Type of Work||New Construction|
|Project Cost||$8.7 Million|
|Project Size||24,042 sq ft|